Hi! Our forum is very new, so please join and help build the community! Click here to sign up!

FAQ           Search         Memberlist         Usergroups         Profile
The time now is Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:44 pm
Register

Back to inside work

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bookbum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Back to inside work Reply with quote

It's that time of year here in Maryland. Starting to cool down, so time to finish up the yard work and think about the inside winter projects. This weekend, I'll be putting in a new fence and building a bridge across the new pond that went in last month.

After that, I'll be heading indoors to look at that pile of old books that need to be completely rebound this winter - it's always fun to pick out the leather, cloth and marbled paper to dress each one with but WHAT A MESS tearing apart the old rotten covers and getting the text blocks ready for their new clothes.

Time to turn on the Bob Dylan and get to work!

"Live your life so that even the undertaker is sorry to see you go." - Mark Twain
ScottC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it's the other way around here (in Australia) of course... just getting ready for the warmer weather to come along after lots of cold mornings. Although, it hasn't been as cold or wet as it normally is in winter. Now I just have to get ready for the stress of the bushfire season... ugh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bookbum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean about the brush fires. I used to live in Southern California. I've seen too many of them - wife and I both used to be volunteer firefighters.

Here in Maryland we have very humid summers so little change of wild fires - just feel sticky all the time.

Hope you enjoy your summer, Scott. I already have new outdoor projects scheduled for our next one here.

"Live your life so that even the undertaker is sorry to see you go." - Mark Twain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bookbinding.net.au Forum Index -> Talk All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: